Everybody working in the construction industry will be affected by the Building Safety Act, which will fundamentally change how we design, build and manage properties.
Covering key topics including:
• An overview of the Building Safety Act and why it has been introduced
• Responsibilities of accountable persons and duty holders
• Role of key players in the industry including architects, principal designers, contractors and professional consultants such as Fire Engineers
• Understanding the new gateway process to enhance fire safety in tall residential buildings and the ‘golden thread’
• Roles of the new Building Safety Regulator and Health & Safety Executive
• Application to existing relevant buildings
• Technical advances in fire safety guidance
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions to Andy Lowe, a renowned expert in Building Control, who leads our team of safety professionals working with key clients across the construction sector.